Camden-Kershaw Area Director of Tourism
The City of Camden seeks an experienced, self-starter and dynamic leader to direct and coordinate tourism development and promotion. Bachelor’s degree in tourism, marketing, communications, or related area and 5+ years experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Experience with website development and management and social media desired. Starting salary is DOQ. Position reports to the Economic Development Director.
Direct and coordinate a comprehensive program of tourism development and promotion for the City of Camden and Kershaw County, SC.
1) Develops integrated marketing, advertising, media, and public relations strategy and tactics; identifies tourist demand, monitors competition, and works with private, public, and non-profit sectors to develop and/or enhance tourism product mix.
2) Implement comprehensive tourism development plan and update plan to remain competitive.
3) Develop and manage annual tourism budget; review and authorize all expenditures, analyze variances and make adjustments through appropriate city channels.
4) Lead and direct a Tourism Board.
5) In partnership with local hospitality program, implement a tourism-training program for frontline hospitality employees in the area.
6) Implement data collection strategy to measure the impacts of current and future tourism products and events.
7) Assist with the development of events as appropriate.
8) Maintains and updates Camden-Kershaw Area tourism website and maintains and updates social media as appropriate.
9) Identifies short and long term issues; recommends initiatives, evaluates alternatives, and provides information and commentary relative to deliberations and implements directives.
10) Represents the city in cooperative local, regional, and statewide promotional effects; fosters intra-governmental business, media, and public awareness of tourism issues.
11) Maintains and strengthens professional and technical knowledge by attending industry conferences, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, and participating in other tourism development organizations.
12) Coordinates the recruitment, training, and retention of volunteers; utilizes volunteers as needed to promote tourism events.
Benefits include membership in the SC Retirement System, health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid holidays, annual and sick leave.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume with cover letter and application to Peggy Bowers, Human Resources Assistant, City of Camden, P.O. Box 7002, Camden, SC 29021. Applications are available online at http://www.cityofcamden.org/departments/personnel.aspx
Applications/resumes will be accepted through January 24, 2014. EOE.