We're here for you.
Whether you’re operating an existing business in the City of Camden, or planning to open a new one, we are here to provide the personalized Services and Resources you need to be successful.
Representatives from the following City Departments look forward to assisting you with customized service. Please contact them or come in to discuss your plans if you have specific questions:
- Building / Zoning Department - John Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building / Zoning Department Assistant / City Clerk - Brenda Davis at email@example.com
- Planning Department - Shawn Putnam at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance Department - Stephanie Bowers at email@example.com
- Economic Development - Suzi Sale at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Main Street Program - Kat Spadacenta at email@example.com
- Fire Marshall - Phil Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Trade Area Statistics
The City continuously strives to improve the quality of life for our residents, businesses, and visitors through a variety of programs and services to enhance the economic vitality of the City. View the 2021 Camden-Classically Carolina Magazine here.
For more information about how Camden strives to assist the business community and enhance our tourism appeal:
- New Business Development
- Tourism Development
- Comprehensive Vision process for the future of Downtown Camden led by DPZ Partners
View previous issues:
2020 Camden-Classically Carolina Magazine
2019 Camden-Classically Carolina Magazine
2018 Camden-Classically Carolina Magazine
2017 Camden-Classically Carolina Magazine
2016 Camden-Classically Carolina Magazine
In 2014, the City of Camden embarked on the execution of a branding, marketing and tourism development initiative as part of its master economic development plan.
The City and Kershaw County are engaged in a partnership to promote tourism and attract visitors through a multi-channel statewide and national marketing campaign.
Today, Classically Carolina® is the designated marketing operation responsible for promoting the City of Camden and Kershaw County as a tourism destination. The program is led by the City's Tourism / Economic Development Director.
The City teamed with SkyDesign of Atlanta, GA to develop a wayfinding signage program throughout the City consisting of such elements as gateway signage, directional signage, historical markers, neighborhood markers, pedestrian kiosks, and other items to enhance the visitor experience and ease travel around the City.
The signage incorporates the City's new 'Classically Carolina® brand imagery.