A Community Where People Thrive
From the Desk of the Mayor
Welcome to Camden! Our city is a community that encompasses small town charm and hosts world class opportunities. Camden is a great place to live, work and play.
Be this your first day as a resident of Camden or you are here as our guests, you will find that our city is filled with…
…historic, beautiful homes and parks.
… warm hospitality.
… great places to shop, dine and stay.
… attractions galore:
- SC Equine Center and the National Steeplechase Museum
- Historic Camden, a reflection of our roots and of our part in the Revolution
- Camden Achieves and Museum with the Ross Beard Gun Collection and other unique rotational exhibits
- a great, active Kershaw County Fine Arts Center
- Robert Mills Courthouse with the Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center
- superior Kershaw County Schools and the Central Carolina Technical College
- cool places to dine and relax
- and, so much more.
When I took office in December 2016, I brought with me great optimism about our future. Our City Council is poised and ready to move our community forward. We will continually work hard to establish priorities and goals to make Camden better every day.
I know you will love our city as much as I do! I am proud to call Camden my home. You will find, I am a firm believer that communication is vital in keeping our City special and remarkable. If you have any thoughts, ideas, comments or concerns, please send me an email regarding them or visit me at City Hall.
Welcome and warm regards,
Alfred Mae Drakeford