Boil Water Advisory for Customers on Camden Ave (1800-1830), Gardner St (1325, 1403-1415), Pine Creek Ave (1800-1825), & a portion of McRae Rd (610-620)
FOR THE CUSTOMERS OF THE CITY OF CAMDEN WATER SYSTEM IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
CAMDEN AVE (1800-1830), GARDNER ST (1325, 1403-1415), PINE CREEK AVE (1800-1825), & A PORTION OF MCRAE RD (610-620)
The City of Camden advises its water customers located in the above area, as a precautionary measure beginning Wednesday, October 18th, to vigorously boil their water for one full minute before using for drinking or cooking or making ice. This Advisory is due to work being conducted by a contractor to complete a new water line for a nearby utility project that will provide water to the area.
Water will be turned off the morning of October 18th for several hours beginning about 9 AM. When water has returned to service it is recommended you take the following actions:
What To Do During the Advisory Period
1. Bring water to a rolling boil and keep it there for at least 1 full minute. Then, let it cool before using.
2. Do not use appliances and equipment that use drinkable water, such as dishwashers, icemakers, tea brewers and coffee makers. Dispose of any ice made earlier today.
3. Use disposable paper, plastic or foam plates, cups, forks, etc.
4. Prepare food using water that has been boiled.
5. Wash, rinse and sanitize pots, pans and other equipment with water that has been boiled and cooled.
6. Brush your teeth with either boiled or bottled water.
Local water lines will be flushed and samples collected for analysis per SCDHEC recommendations. You should continue the above steps until the Boil Water Advisory is repealed by the City by similar notice. If you would also like to be contacted by e-mail when the Boil Water Advisory is lifted, please contact email@example.com and include your name, address, e-mail and phone number.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the interest of improving our water system. Again this is just a precautionary measure. Should you have any questions, please contact the City of Camden Public Works office at (803) 425-6045 or SCDHEC at (803) 778-1531.
Tom Couch, Deputy Director Public Works
Issued October 17, 2017
SCDHEC Water System No. 2810001