Boil Water Advisory for Customers for portions of York St (CHS, Bus Depot), Ehrenclou Dr, Bramblewood Plantation & 1104 Chestnut Ferry Rd
FOR THE CUSTOMERS OF THE CITY OF CAMDEN WATER SYSTEM IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
CERTAIN PORTIONS OF YORK ST (CAMDEN HIGH SCHOOL, BUS DEPOT), EHRENCLOU DRIVE (SCDMV, SCNG, BALL FIELDS), ALL OF BRAMBLEWOOD PLANTATION RD, AND 1104 CHESTNUT FERRY RD
The City of Camden advises its water customers located in the above area, as a precautionary measure, to vigorously boil their water for one full minute before using for drinking or cooking or making ice. This Advisory is due to a broken water line installed several weeks ago on a nearby SCDOT road construction project. Water may be off for several hours on October 8th to make repairs.
When water is returned to service it is recommended you take the following actions:
What To Do During the Advisory Period
1. Bring water to a rolling boil and keep it there for at least 1 full minute. Then, let it cool before using.
2. Stop using appliances and equipment that use drinkable water, such as dishwashers, icemakers, tea brewers and coffee makers. Dispose of any ice made on October 6-7th.
3. Use disposable paper, plastic or foam plates, cups, forks, etc.
4. Prepare food using water that has been boiled.
5. Wash hands with soap.
6. Wash, rinse and sanitize pots, pans and other equipment with water that has been boiled and cooled.
7. Brush your teeth with either boiled or bottled water.
Local water lines will be flushed and samples will be collected for analysis per SCDHEC recommendations. You should continue the above steps until the Boil Water Advisory is repealed by the City by similar notice. You may also check the City website, www.cityofcamden.org
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the interest of addressing the protection of our water customers and improving our infrastructure. Should you have any questions, please contact the City of Camden Public Works office at (803) 425-6045 or SCDHEC at (803) 778-1531.
Tom Couch, Public Works Director
Issued October 8, 2018
SCDHEC Water System No. 2810001