Boil Water Advisory for Customers for portions of York St (CHS, Bus Depot), Wylie St, Ehrenclou Dr and Bramblewood Plantation
FOR THE CUSTOMERS OF THE CITY OF CAMDEN WATER SYSTEM IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
CERTAIN PORTIONS OF YORK ST (CAMDEN HIGH SCHOOL, BUS DEPOT), WYLIE ST (1018, 1004, 1000, 1145, 1139, 1137, 1133, CAR WASH), EHRENCLOU DRIVE (SCDMV, SCNG, BALL FIELDS), ALL OF BRAMBLEWOOD PLANTATION RD, 1104 CHESTNUT FERRY AND NEARBY AREAS
At the request of Camden High School (due to SAT testing), the water outage has been rescheduled to approximately 2:00 PM. The City of Camden advises its water customers located in the above area, as a precautionary measure, to vigorously boil their water for one full minute before using for drinking or cooking or making ice. This Advisory is due to nearby SCDOT road construction work requiring water line relocations. Water will be turned off about 2:00 PM for about 3 hours on October 6th to make new connections.
When water is returned to service it is recommended you take the following actions:
What To Do During the Advisory Period
1. Bring water to a rolling boil and keep it there for at least 1 full minute. Then, let it cool before using.
2. Stop using appliances and equipment that use drinkable water, such as dishwashers, icemakers, tea brewers and coffee makers. Dispose of any ice made on October 6-7th.
3. Use disposable paper, plastic or foam plates, cups, forks, etc.
4. Prepare food using water that has been boiled.
5. Wash hands with soap.
6. Wash, rinse and sanitize pots, pans and other equipment with water that has been boiled and cooled.
7. Brush your teeth with either boiled or bottled water.
Local water lines will be flushed and samples collected for analysis per SCDHEC recommendations. You should continue the above steps until the Boil Water Advisory is repealed by the City by similar notice. You may also check the City website for a repeal notice: www.cityofcamden.org.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the interest of addressing the protection of our water customers and improving our infrastructure. Should you have any questions, please contact the City of Camden Public Works office at (803) 425-6045 or SCDHEC at (803) 778-1531.
Ray Peterson, PE, Dep. Public Works Director
SCDHEC Water System No. 2810001
Issued October 5, 2018