Boil Water Advisory for March 26, 2019
BOIL WATER ADVISORY
FOR MARCH 26, 2019
FOR THE CUSTOMERS OF THE CITY OF CAMDEN WATER SYSTEM IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
TO INCLUDE: SMYRL CIRCLE; EAST END OLD RIVER RD (1095-1095A); ALL OF WATEREE BLVD TO INCLUDE KERSHAW SPECIAL NEEDS, RIVERS EDGE APTS; MITCHELL DR, BALLFIELD RD, CAMDEN COVE APTS,
COMPETITION DR, WILD TURKEY LN
The City of Camden advises its water customers located in the above areas, as a precautionary measure, beginning at about 9:00 AM, Tuesday, March 26, 2019, to vigorously boil their water for one full minute before using for drinking or cooking or making ice. This is in conjunction with a water line relocation by construction contractors working on a nearby SCDOT construction project.
Beginning about 9:00 AM the water will be temporarily shut off. Some sections may see low water pressure while others may have a complete outage. It is anticipated the outage could take several hours. When the water is returned to service, it is recommended you take the following actions:
What To Do
1. Bring water to a rolling boil and keep it there for at least 1 full minute. Then, let it cool before using.
2. Stop using appliances and equipment that use drinkable water, such as dishwashers, icemakers, tea brewers and coffee makers.
3. Use disposable paper, plastic or foam plates, cups, forks, etc.
4. Prepare food using water that has been boiled.
5. Wash hands with water and soap.
6. Wash, rinse and sanitize pots, pans and other equipment with water that has been boiled and cooled.
7. Brush your teeth with either boiled or bottled water.
Following the construction work on March 26th, the local water lines will be flushed and samples collected for analysis later that day. Although the shut-down may only be a few hours, the water quality results will not be available for at least 26 hours after collection; therefore, the above actions are recommended beginning at 9:00 AM on March 26th and continuing until the Boil Water Advisory is repealed by the City by similar notice. You may also visit the City’s website at www.cityofcamden.org/ for Boil Water Advisory and Repeal information.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Should you have any questions, please contact the City of Camden Public Works office at (803) 425-6045 or SCDHEC at (803) 778-1531.
____________________ SCDHEC Water System No. 2810001
Tom Couch, Public Works Director Issued March 25, 2019