If you sustained losses or damage from the recent flooding, you may be eligible for disaster aid.
When you apply for disaster assistance, please have the following available:
- Social Security Number (including your spouse's)
- Private insurance information, if available
- Address and zip code of the damaged property
- Directions to the damaged home or property
- Daytime telephone number
- A telephone number where we can reach you or leave a message
- An address where you can get mail
- If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank, provide the FEMA agent with your bank account type (savings/checking), account number and routing number
For more information, visit the FEMA website on South Carolina Severe Storms and Flooding.
The closest Disaster Recovery Center is located at the Blaney Fire Department, 2344 Hwy 1 South, Elgin.